Thursday, 6 March 2014

10 years since piggy backs and Meatloaf...miss you always!

Today marks 10 years to the day since my friend, Vicki Lynn, was killed in a car crash.  It's mad to think that if she hadn't died we would have most likely grown apart and would be in 'distant' touch on Facebook but not be in each others lives anymore!

Vicki was brilliant.  We would spend our afternoons after school singing Meatloaf songs at the top of our lungs as we piggybacked our way around Catty and Claughton on her paper round.



For the longest time after she died I felt guilty that I hadn't been with her when it happened and that I hadn't somehow predicted it.  I carried it with me for the rest of the time I was in school and probably even for a few years after that.  But at some point it stopped hurting every time I thought about her and now whenever I think back to the times we spent together I just remember this hilarious and entertaining joker who always wanted to make people smile.

Vicki, I will love you and miss you for the rest of my life, but I am so happy I had the chance to know you and that you blessed my life in so many ways.  Keep giving those angels hell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment