Monday, 31 March 2014

Mother's Day in Cumbria

Back home at the parents' house for the weekend...





















I'm writing this when I probably should be sleeping and preparing myself for the week ahead - it's the last week of term and that always means stress and tiredness!  However I only just recently arrived back into Liverpool after a weekend in Cumbria to visit the parents.

Saturday I had a training course to become an accredited assessor for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.  I'm loving this so much more the more I get involved - I just think the opportunity for the young people is fantastic!  Anyway, the course finished early(ish) and so I was able to get off and up to Cumbria before it got dark which was a relief as I'm not a big fan of driving over the fells in the pitch black!!

D, H and Rose had also gone up for the weekend and R already lives just around the corner from Mum and Dad so it was nice to have the whole family there to celebrate Mother's Day together.  It's the first time in probably 10 years we've all been together for it!!

It's also the first time I've been able to spend the weekend up in Cumbria since Mum started her dialysis.  It's weird to think that she's been ill for so long and it's gone largely unnoticed.  But seeing her plugged into her dialysis machine and thinking just how ill she is got me a bit down.

Today, however, has been a day for celebrating.  D, R, H and I went to Longlands Lake for a quick walk (Rose got to try out her new baby carrier - she LOVED it!) and then we met Mum and Dad in Beckermet for a spot of lunch.  As much as at times my family drive me round the bend, I do love them all dearly, and I really enjoy the chance to spend time with them all together.  Especially now that D has Rose and is loving being a Mummy herself!

I got the old camera out of hiding for the day today and snapped a few pics of the day to look back on...I might make them into a book for my Mum for her birthday.  I think she'd enjoy the chance to look back on her first year as a grandma!!

H and Rose, first outing for the baby carrier!

Longlands Lake

Springtime Daffodils
Lakeside View - Love Cumbria!
First Mothers' Day!
Dave the Dog
桜 - Sakura

Family photo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment