Sunday, 9 February 2014

Expeditions and getting out!

February is proving to be an absolute corker of a month!  Not only has the SixNations 2014 tournament kicked off, I have got plans for every single weekend either going out walking with friends or for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award or going to rugby matches.  I'm so excited to be able to get out and about a bit more.

As I write this I'm sitting on my back stoop stretching my legs and feeling them throb from all the walking we've been doing this weekend.  I LOVE THIS FEELING!

I've spent the weekend in Cheshire walking with some of the other DofE leaders from schools in the area and it's been brilliant!  We did 16km yesterday and 19km today and I'm exhausted but so refreshed by it.  I really hope that this is how our kids feel when they come back from a DofE weekend - it's such an awesome opportunity for the kids to get out and experience something different and I always find that they are so excited by the prospect of getting out of Liverpool for a couple of days!

Here's a few pictures of the weekend (I need to stop instagramming...)

Mud!!!

Team Attack!

A & G

Peckforton Castle, Cheshire

No comments:

Post a Comment