Thursday, 6 February 2014

100% Scouse!

Much to the amusement of my Year 11 class today I made a little mistake when dictating a question about an antique clock and managed to miss out the L...For the next 5 minutes there was phallic humour overload from all of the students who could not stop rolling about laughing every time they looked at me!!  Doubt I'll be living this one down any time soon!

About 5 minutes before the end of the lesson one of the boys, J, who is possibly my favourite student in the school (not that you're supposed to have favourites), came to speak to me and suggested that I take a quiz on the Echo website to see how many questions about being a Scouser I could get right.  Amazingly, I managed to score 100% - apparently I have been living here too long!

Proof!!
I think there's so many misconceptions about Scousers that make people not want to visit Liverpool, but I love this city and the people here so much.  They are just bonkers!  I mean, some of the slang here is hilarious - and embarrasingly, without even realising it, I am finding myself coming out with these words!!  Every time I meet up with my uni mates they tell me how Scouse I've become.  I don't hear it at all, mostly because I spend all day with true Scousers, but it must be rubbing off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment