Thursday, 23 January 2014

Hallway Dance Parties

My flatmate and I have spent the previous few days having random dance parties in the hallway every time we see eachother.

I'm not fully sure how it started, but once it had started we just kind of carried it on.

Two days ago it was Take That Tuesday, yesterday was Westlife Wednesday (I'm surprised I let that one by...) and today is Throwback Thursday...the theme to our evening - hits of 1998


I don't know what our other 2 flatmates think of this strange practice, they haven't really commented, but it is making my week so much more manageable!  I've been cracking down on my marking recently and as a result have spent the previous week bringing home 20 books a night and marking away.  I only come out to grab a drink, pop to the loo or have a little dance!

It's not the first time that H and I have started our own little trends - I think we just have such a similar sense of humour that if one of us finds it funny it's likely the other one does too.

There must be some research out there to prove that a little boogey every hour or so increases the endorphins in your body and makes you happier!!  I reckon it should become standard practice - I might even suggest it at school, a bit of cha cha slide on the corridor in between lessons!  I'd love it!

Now to get our other 2 flatmates to realise that they want to join in - we've been having difficulty figuring out a theme for tomorrow evening, although I'm pretty set on funky Friday.  I reckon if we can get E and M involved we can convince them to crack out a funky Friday playlist.

Right, procrastination over, back to my marking!

No comments:

Post a Comment